Exploring on Foot
There is a comprehensive network of Public Rights of Way, Permissive footpaths and Open Access areas that allow you to explore the coast and Estate. Walking is very popular and there are ample parking facilities. Walks starting at West Lulworth include:
Walk Guides and maps are available from Lulworth Cove Visitor Centre. Circular Walks of varied ease and beautiful changing scenery include:
- Walk Guide 4 – Lulworth Cove to Lulworth Castle
- Walk Guide 5 – Lulworth Cove and Bindon Hill fort
- Walk Guide 6 – Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door and on to White Nothe
- Walk Guide 7 – Stair Hole and Lulworth Cove
- West Lulworth Village Trail
- Access to the Army Range Walk (please check firing times)
Please take great care when walking by the cliffs – some are crumbling and very dangerous. Stick to waymarked paths at all times.
Remember to shut gates behind you and keep your dog on a lead where livestock are present and in bird nesting season between March-July.
Take your litter home.