How To Decorate your Dream Coastal Holiday Home13 Sep 2020
When the Jurassic Coast is your back garden, its only natural to want to bring as much of the view inside as you can. In Lulworth, our love for the seaside and the rolling hills is reflected in our tastes. We thought we’d show how we would style a brand new Holiday Home, after choosing the perfect model at Durdle Door.
Of course, many of the new Holiday Homes we have for sale are coastal-inspired already; the ABI Beachcomber for example (which we’ve also got as our Hire Fleet Holiday Homes) uses sea-blue upholstery and sailboat cushions to add to the seaside feel.
It seems that everywhere you go along the coastal towns and villages, you’ll see the typical deckchair striped curtains and seagull ornaments adorning many a windowsill. But if you’re after a more understated effect, we’ve found the best items online to inspire you to create your own coastal getaway, evoking carefree beach days.
- Undoubtedly the easiest way to incorporate a touch of Lulworth style coastal luxury is to add a cushion or throw pillow. We love this cute fossil-themed cushion reflecting the Fossil Forest vibe found at Lulworth Cove.
2. Instead of buying new, why not update an existing piece of furniture? This pair of knot style knobs will add a fantastic textural element to your TV unit or wardrobe. These rope knots make us think of the lobster pots found at Lulworth Cove.
3. Easy to add to any room, these lovely rustic linen curtains will go with everything! A subtle nod to the coastal theme, these colours mirror the Man O’War Bar & Restaurant and Boat Shed Cafe in their colour scheme. These are both really relaxed places by the sea to enjoy a locally sourced meal or beverage.
4. Of course, framing a local artist’s impression of our beautiful beaches is a fabulous way to celebrate the local area, right on your bedroom wall! Here’s our favourite by Lusea Warner-Gale.
5. Lastly, we found this unique mirror inspired by the shape of Lulworth Cove, designed by artist Rachel White and made with reclaimed and recycled fishing nets.